Where It Began
Reverend Charles Robertson held the first tent meeting in September 1940. The following winter the meetings were moved to the Eagle Mill Village Club House and the church was organized with 5 members. In 1941, the first $10 was given toward building the church facility. In 1945 the church was officially chartered.
In approximately 1946 the first church building was constructed. The congregation continued to grow and groundbreaking began in 1955 for the building; which now facilitates the Family Life Center, Kid’s Church, Nursery, Pre-School and other classrooms.
In 1984, due to enormous growth, groundbreaking began for a new sanctuary, Pastoral and administrative offices and was dedicated in May 1985. This building venture converted the existing sanctuary built in 1955 into the kitchen and Family Life Center. The balcony from the sanctuary was also enclosed during this time to create an additional room, now a game room for the Kid’s Church.
Through the years the church has acquired several pieces of property on Elizabeth Street and in 1999 acquired the property where the Aldridge Community Life Center now sits.
Belmont Foursquare Church serves the community and partners with Local Schools, Parks & Rec, Belmont Police Department and many other groups and organizations for the use of its facilities on an ongoing basis.